The Ultimate Beet Pack – Reinforcing Note and Rest Values
This pack includes Beet the Beat, Drop the Beat Rest Values, and Drop the Beat Note Values.
Beet the beat is a wonderful tool that lets students visualize how many counts a note or a rest receives in a quirky, memorable way.
These beets have multiple uses:
- Visual aid when explaining how many counts a note receives.
- Use the beets when composing a song.
- Have students construct “beets” from their songs and then clap or drum the rhythm.
- Find the missing beet. Construct a rhythm but leave a beat out and have your students figure out the missing beet.
- Use the plain beets to talk about the root of the chord!
DROP THE BEET IS A FUN AND QUIRKY GAME FOR BEGINNING MUSIC STUDENTS.
Drop the beet is a quirky game for beginning music students who are learning whole notes/rest, half notes/rest, and quarter notes/rest.
Students love rolling “dropping” the beat (die) on the floor and is a perfect game that will reinforce note/rest values.
In the digital download, you will receive the gameboard, 2 die with the beets/beats, and the Lettuce Turnip the Beet photo prop.